Cake with sugar paste
The covered with sugar paste cakes, It is very beautiful and impressive. They have a certain process to make and require preparation, but it is much easier than they seem. The sponge cake and filling we give below, They can be replaced with other flavors, synarmologisis but the process remains the same. From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 2 hours 30 minutes 24 hours standby | Cooking: 60 minutes | Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes 24 hours standby
Recipe for: 20 portions of about
Nutrition information per 1 portion
Calories: 614 Calories | Fat: 22 g.
Ingredients for sugar paste:
Sour cream: 1/2 mug (120 g)
Dust gelatine: 3 tablespoons
Glucose: 3/4 cup
Butter: 2 tablespoons (28 gr.)
Glycerin: 2 tablespoons
Vanilla: 2 teaspoons extract or 4 vanillin
Icing sugar: 9 mugs (1 kilogram)
Coloring: depending on the plan you do, better gels and liquids not
Materials for the cake recipe:
Eggs: 6 large
Ζάχαρη : 150 g.
Extract vanilla: 1 teaspoon (or 2 vanillin)
Salt: 6 g.
Flour: 180 g.
Cornflour: 30 g.
Sunflower: 45 ml
Milk: 45 ml
Materials recipe for stuffing:
Chocolate Couverture: 300 g.
Sour cream: 300 ml
Butter: 1 1/2 tablespoon
Jam: 1 mug (any match ie chocolate. sour cherry, strawberry, orange etc.. This is a red grape jam)
Syrup: 1/2 mug (simple syrup made with the 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar, cooked for 3 - 4 minutes - let it kryoseikai the flavored with vanilla or liqueur)
Ingredients for the buttercream:
tough margarine: 1/4 cup
Cold butter: 1/4 cup
Icing sugar: 4 mugs (520 gr.)
Water: 75 ml
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla: 1 teaspoon extract or 2 vanillin
To prepare the sugar paste (at least 1 day before):
1. Put in saucepan the cream and add the gelatine. Stir and put on low heat and stir to melt the gelatin. Add the glucose, butter, glycerine and aroma. Mix melted butter and mix the materials. Remove from the heat.
2. In the mixer bowl sift the 7 from the 9 cups powdered sugar. Add the mixture of gelatin and kneaded at low speed with the hook. When omogennopoiithoun materials, add and other 2 caster cups.
3. Knead absorbed icing and become uniform mixture. Stop hitting and empty the sugar paste lightly greased plastic food film. Wrap well and put in 2 - 3 food bags thicker. Leave it 24 hours at room temperature "rest".
To prepare the cake:
1. Grease a baking tray 26 from. Lay and the bottom and the sides with greaseproof. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Beat eggs and sugar at high speed for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and turn down the speed. Beat for other 2 minutes.
3. Sift together the flour, cornflour and salt and add to egg mixture. Stir gently to mix.
4. Take 1/4 about the dough in bowl and add the sunflower. Stir to mix well and returns back to the rest of the dough. Add the milk and stir carefully to mix.
5. Pour the mixture into a prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn it upside down on a rack to cool.
6. When the cake has cooled completely, straighten the surface, if not oloisia with a knife and cut the rest in 3 straight drives.
To prepare the filling:
1. Cut into small pieces the chocolate and put it in a bowl with the butter.
2. Put the cream in a saucepan on the fire to burn (care not to boil).
3. Remove from the heat the cream and pour over the chocolate. leave 5 minutes to soften the chocolate and stir to make a uniform mixture. Let cool and when (before tightening completely) the strike be like fluffy mousse. (jam and syrup will need it when you assemble the cake)
To prepare the buttercream:
1. Put all ingredients in the mixer and beat at medium-low speed until to get a uniform and smooth mixture, 10 minutes. the buttercream, better to prepare just before use, because once prepared has an appropriate hardness, to spread right. If you prepare in advance, you must remove it from the refrigerator and the bit again switches to again become soft.
1. Put one cake tray on the base to use. Cut strips of wax paper and put them around underneath the cake. This will keep clean the base of the cake.
2. Pour the cake with 1/3 the syrup. Spread over half jam. Over the mermelada spread half stuffing (if you put in a piping bag baggy, It will be very easy), but not until the end. leave 1/2 - 1 hundredth "clean" round cake.
3. Carefully place the second cake tray, pour the 1/3 the syrup and spread the rest of the jam filling and the rest, again leaving some fresh cake round (I need to not spill the filling out of the cake, by weight and spoil the shape of the cake). Finally place and last album of cake and syrup with the remaining syrup.
4. With spatula, spread all around and lots of buttercream over the cake. Lay on your best. Then with a special spatula or a hard, straight cut cardboard, pass around the surface of the cake, removing buttercream, and straightening as much as possible the surface. We need all around the cake to stay one minutes voutyrokremas layer.
5. Put the cake in the refrigerator to shake the buttercream for 30 - 60 minutes. This will help keep the cake shape when you cover it with sugar paste.
6. After the cake has cooled, cover the following: by taking sugar paste 2/3 and knead lightly. If you want your cake colored, add some color and knead until uniform coloring. Spread a little icing or cornstarch on the bench and put up the sugar paste. Opening with a rolling pin into round sheet, about 60 from. diameter about (3 - 4 th. thickness). Be careful as you open the sugar paste, not stuck on the bench if needed add some more icing or cornflour. Do not take powdered or cornstarch on the sugar paste, because it may not absorb it and showing bad on the cake.
7. Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Remove the strips of wax paper. Wrap the sheet of glaze on roller, the lifting and unwind on the cake, starting from one end, to the other, taking care to put it symmetrically on the sweet.
8. With your hands, pressing gently, pass the cake surface, as if to pat, to break it to Sugarpaste. Cut around the sugar paste left over, leaving 3 - 4 centimeters above savings needs. Resurface the sugar paste, if you have the special tool or if you are not with your hands or a spatula. When the sugar paste settles well into sweet, Cut with a sharp knife marginally at the base of the cake.
9. Divide the sugar paste that remained in many parts, and what colors you need. The paint and knead. Sprinkle with icing bench with a rolling pin and open the glaze. With cuts stalemate or knife, Cut the shapes you want. Glue pieces of glaze on the cake or putting a bit of buttercream on their back or special edible adhesive. To cover around the base of the cake, you can turn to each other 2 laces glaze and wrap them around or do schediakia with buttercream.
Prepared in 6 November 2014 by
Cake with sugar paste
Cake with sugar paste