edible, transparent glue for cake decoration
There are several edible adhesives that can be used in confectionery, e.g.. royal icing, piping gel etc.. The recipe below is for glue tylose powder, which when it dries quickly, it is transparent, easy, easily manufactured and withstand long enough. From radicio.com
tylose powder (dust tylose) : 1/4 teaspoon
Water: 4 tablespoons (You may need more)
Put the water in a small, clean glass or plastic jar. Add the powder and stir with a toothpick or pirounaki, wettable powder (it does not matter if you do not become homogeneous mixture, will be alone with anticipation). Close the lid and let stand 1 – 2 hours.
The check and if necessary add a little more water (it has the texture of soft jelly).
Apply the glue with a clean brush onto the ornament you want to stick and place it on the cake.
What is tylose powder and used
The dust tylose (tylose powder – tylo powder) It is a natural gum obtained from plants. Widely used in the food industry. Especially in pastry, much used in cake decoration. Added in simple rolled fondant (sugar paste coating) to turn it into gum paste or sugar paste and flower paste (It is also known as quick gum paste to separate the gum paste otherwise prepared) (sugar paste modeling). The tylose gives elasticity to the sugar paste, so it can be easily worked and used for stunts, bows and flowers. Also hardens when dry, so the decorations keep their shape.
Another common use of tylose, It is the preparation of edible adhesive. This adhesive is transparent and quite strong and is used to bond the decorative on the rolled fondant or the various parts of a decorative together (eg. petals of flowers between them)
The tylose may be replaced with other gum, either naturally (eg. tragacanth gum) or artificial (eg. CMC). but quantities listed in each recipe, You may need to be adjusted if the tylose replaced with other gum.
Very tasty and quite easy to prepare tart with pumpkin. Autumn and winter sweet, very fit Christmas table. From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 20 minutes 30 minutes waiting
| Cooking: 60 minutes
| Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes 30 minutes waiting
Recipe for: 10 portions of about
Nutrition information per 1 portion
Calories: Calories | Fat: g.
Materials recipe for the dough:
2 mugs (For every use)
200 g. (margarine or butter flavored)
Materials recipe for the filling:
3/4 cup (150 gr.)
Grated dry ginger:
Materials recipe for whipped cream (optional):
200 ml (at least 30% fat)
2 - 4 tablespoons
1. Sift together the flour, sugar and salt for the dough. Add the butter cut pieces (cold from the refrigerator) and rub it along with the flour with your hands, become like wet sand.
2. Mix water with vinegar and add little by little the flour, kneading to get a soft dough. You may not get all the water, so do not pour more than 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Make the dough ball and wrap food film. Put it in the fridge 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile turning on the oven preheated to 220 degrees and Butter a tart 24 from. diameter.
5. Prepare the stuffing: In a large bowl, Beat the eggs. add the pumpkin puree, sugar, spices, salt and stir. Finally add the milk and stir well.
6. On floured countertop or between membranes kitchen, open the dough in a round sheet, 35 from. approximately in diameter. With the help of a rolling pin, put the sheet on that buttered tart. The Lay nicely and cut as excess.
7. Pour the mixture of the filling inside the tart and put the pie in the preheated oven. Bake the 220 degrees 15 minutes and then lowering the temperature at 175 degrees. Continue baking for 45 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let on a rack to cool. When completely cold, to remove the tart pan on a platter.
9. For the whipped cream, beat cream (very cold from the refrigerator) with icing. Serve the tart with whipped cream on top. If desired sprinkle with cinnamon.
Prepared in 28 January 2016
sweet pumpkin puree
Pumpkin puree is very easy and is much tastier than the ready. Really like babies, without the need for extra sugar, because the pumpkin is sweet by nature. It is also perfect for pastry, as tarts and tzizkeik, even cakes and kapkeiks, but for savory recipes, like pumpkin soup. Can be frozen, so you can prepare it in large quantities to the always have in your fridge. From radicio.com
pumpkins: 1 or more, best small to trim the easier
Cut the stem of the pumpkin and cut into 2 or more pieces if large. The emptying of the seeds and fibers.
Layer one or more trays with greaseproof baking. Put into pumpkins, with the cut side down and peeled upward.
Bake pumpkins at 180 degrees, until softened well, about 1 – 1,5 time.
Remove from the oven and when cool, empty the pulp with a spoon. With fork or puree spoon or mixer, completely melt the flesh to become uniform puree.
In are using immediately or store in the freezer. In the second case, It is very convenient to divide it into portions of 1/2 or 1 cup, to thaw exactly as you need each time.
Cake cherry vanilla buttercream
a beautiful, delicious, romantic cake cake vanilla, cherry stuffing and decoration voutyrokremas. Perfect for Mother's or girls' birthday. From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 2 hours 40 minutes
| Cooking: 1 hour 15 minutes
| Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes
Recipe for: 10 portions of about (1 cake 18 cm)
Nutrition information per 1 portion
Calories: Calories | Fat: g.
Materials recipe for the filling:
1 short of 350 g. about, along with syrup
Materials recipe for cake:
Butter or margarine:
185 g. (at room temperature)
Materials recipe for decorating:
1 dose, with vanilla flavor
green leaves and red or another color of your choice for roses
For this cake you will need 1 round pan 18 from. diameter for the baking of cakes and also tipped piping bag confectionery, one for the petals and one for leaves.
For the stuffing:
1. Put cherries, along with their syrup in a blender and mash. Put them in a saucepan, with sugar. Put over medium heat and stir until the sugar melts. Mix the water with the cornflour, well to dissolve the cornflour. The drop slowly - slowly into the pot with cherries, stirring continuously.
2. Continue whisking, until the mixture boils and thickens. simmer, stirring, per 3 minutes. Remove from heat, pour the mixture into clean bowl, Cover with plastic film (resting the mixture for not making crust) and allow to cool. When completely cool, refrigerate, until you need it. Before you use the mix well with a spoon.
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a baking pan 18 from. and paves the bottom and walls with greaseproof.
2. Mix the flour with the baking, salt and sugar. Add butter and beat to mix (They will resemble wet sand).
3. Beat eggs slightly, along with the vanilla and adding to the mixture a flour. Stir homogeneous mixture.
4. Pour the dough in the pan you prepared and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
5. When the cake is cooked, Remove from the oven, let several minutes to a little drop of the temperature and the tilt grate. Remove the wax paper and allow to cool completely.
For the buttercream:
1. Prepare the buttercream as described in recipe. From her, about using 1/3 to make 12 - 14 moderate roses, in colors of your choice (on the internet there are many videos on how roses are made with buttercream). Better is to make pieces on wax paper and put in a bowl in the freezer to freeze. So it will be very easy to put on the cake, without destroying the.
1. Cut the top of the cake, to become the straight surface. If all around the cake is not fluffy but has dried baking, removing it and this. Then with a large knife bread, cutting the cake 3 same discs.
2. Place one disk platter. If you want you can put around, under the cake some wax paper strips for not soiled platter. Put a little buttercream into pastry bag and make a voutyrokremas strip, around the cake tray (This will keep the stuffing inside of the cake, without the fear of rolling out and ruin the look of the cake). Fill the space inside the buttercream with half filling. On top put the second cake tray. Make a circle again with buttercream and fill with the remaining stuffing. Finally put over the third disc.
3. Initially will cover with a thin layer voutyrokremas whole cake (crump coat). Fill as best you can empty and flatten the surface with a special spatula. No matter if at this stage it seems the cake around or on the surface. Put the cake 15 - 20 minutes in the refrigerator, to shake the buttercream.
4. Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Keep 1/2 buttercream mug (the leaves) and the rest cover the cake around and above. Straighten as much as possible and put it back in the refrigerator 15 - 20 minutes. To remove and the surface xanaisionete, be as smooth become.
5. Loosen roses of wax paper and place in the cake surface. Paint the buttercream that kept green and you make some leaves between roses.
Prepared in 23 January 2016
Easy mandarin marmalade
A very easy mandarin marmalade, is just 1 time. The peel mandarins marmalade gives brilliance and a very light bitterness. From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
| Cooking: 40 minutes
| Total time: 55 minutes
Recipe for: 3 mugs jam about
Nutrition information per 1 tablespoon
Calories: 49 Calories | Fat: 0 g.
1 moderate, the juice
1. Wash mandarins. The cut in 4 along. Then cut them into very thin slices. Throw stones.
2. Put in a saucepan the chopped mandarins, together with the peel and juice that they took during the cut, lemon juice, sugar and water. Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir the sugar melts.
3. Boil the jam, stirring regularly. If you need to skim. The jam is ready when it reaches 105 degrees.
4. Divide the hot jam into sterilized scoring and close well. When cool the store in a cool place.
Prepared in 5 January 2016