Cake with walnut
Very special cake with cake karydenio, buttercream, glossy glaze cooked and caramelized walnuts. From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 1 and 20 minutes | Cooking: 50 minutes | Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Recipe for: 12 servings
Nutrition information per 1 portion
Calories: Calories | Fat: g.
Materials recipe for cake:
Farina: 225 g. (self raising flour of)
Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
Grated nuts: 100 g.
softened butter: 225 g.
Ζάχαρη : 225 g.
Eggs: 4 large (at room temperature)
Ingredients for caramelized walnuts:
Ζάχαρη : 80 g.
Walnuts: 10 half
Ingredients for the buttercream:
softened butter: 125 g.
Vanilla: 1/2 teaspoon extract
Milk: 2 tablespoons (at room temperature)
Icing sugar: 250 g.
Ingredients for the glaze:
Eggs: 2 large, only the egg
Ζάχαρη : 350 g.
Water: 4 tablespoons
Kremorio: 1/4 teaspoon (cream of tartar)
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Butter and Layer with waxed paper 2 round tins 24 from. Mix in a bowl the flour, baking powder and grated nuts in bowl (You will later use)
2. Beat with mixer, the softened butter with sugar, fluffy well (do not forget to regularly collect the butter the sides of the bowl to be omoiogennes mixture). Add the eggs one by one. Finally add the mixture to flour , and stir gently, spoon the dough, until incorporated all the flour.
3. Divide the mixture in 2 you prepared tins and Lay the surface well.
4. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes (check before take if cooked with a toothpick). Take them out and leave them after a few minutes in the tins, the upside down on a rack, remove the wax paper and allow to cool.
For caramelized walnuts:
5.Put the sugar in a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Leave without stir until sugar melts and get brown. Download immediately from heat, add nuts and shake the pan, be covered everywhere walnuts with caramel. With box remove nuts, on silicone or greased waxed paper and allow to cool and stabilize the candy.
For the buttercream:
6. Place the softened butter, vanilla half milk and half powdered sugar in the mixer bowl and beat to become soft. Add the remaining sugar and as the rest of the milk needed and strikes again until you get a fluffy, easy to spread buttercream.
7. Place the first tray cake platter crust down. Above spread the buttercream. Over the buttercream, put the second cake tray crust upwards.
For the glaze:
8. Put in resistant bowl temperature, whites, sugar, water and kremorio. Put the bowl, over pan you already have to fire, with simmering water (bain marie). Beat with hand mixer (done by hand, but it is very tiring) until the glaze to rise, become white and shiny when you lift the mixer to form robust noses (about 10 minutes)
9. Remove the bowl from the boiling water and quickly (because the glaze tightens quickly), Spread the glaze, with a spatula or spoon to the surface and around the cake. Before the glaze shake, decorate the cake with caramelized walnuts.
10. This cake can withstand very well without refrigeration, cool. Better leave it several hours, to "tie" flavors together, before serving.
Prepared in 27 September 2015 by
Cake with walnut