The homemade ketchup is wonderful to taste, free of preservatives and artificial colors. From radicio.com
Preparation time: 30 minutes
| Cooking: 1 hour 10 minutes
| Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Recipe for: 1,5 liter of
Nutrition information per 100 g.
Calories: | Fat:
Ripe tomatoes:3 pounds (preferably Romani)
Grated κρεμμύδι :1 spoonful
Molten garlic:2 cloves
wine vinegar:1,5 mug
Sweet πάπρικα :2 tablespoons (if you like spicy ketchup, replace with hot paprika)
Ζάχαρη :1/2 mug
1. Make a cross on the bottom of the tomatoes and dip briefly into boiling water. Them off in cold water and peel. If you want to cut in half and xesporiazete. Then cut into very thin slices (if you have food processor, the very thin cutter is ideal).
2. Put the tomatoes with the onion and garlic in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook over low heat for 10 – 15 minutes, vinegar with cinnamon, carnations, salt and paprika. Remove the sticks of cinnamon and carnations from vinegar and pour the mixture into the tomatoes.
4. And add the sugar and continue cooking over low heat, until the mixture thickens (You should stir frequently to prevent sticking tomatoes).
5. If you want ketchup homogeneous, go through the blender, eidalos leave it as it is. While still hot, fill sterilized bottles. the close, allow to cool and store in refrigerator.
updated on 25 March 2011