SWEET Lenten biscuits
I have been looking for fasting rusks for a long time, my mom gave me the solution!!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
| Cooking: 1 hour 15 minutes
| Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Recipe for: 1200 g. rusks
Nutrition information per 100 g.
Calories: | Fat:
orange 1/4 glass and lemon 1 spoonful
1 teaspoon dissolved in the juice
1 cup approximately
650 – 750 g.
1. Put in half a glass of water 1 cinnamon stick and bring to a boil….when it boils the cinnamon juice is ready and we take only as much as we need and we leave it to cool…….
2. In a bowl pour all the ingredients except the flour …….. Mix very well ……
3. Add the flour little by little because it may not take all….. I needed about 650 g……until we have a dough that does not stick to the hands………. Preheat oven to 170 degrees…….
4. We shape dough sticks approximately 25 cm length and 4-5 cm thick…. I cut them into slices (well engraved) with an intermediate distance of approx 1,5 hundredth….. They are made if I remember correctly 6 sticks …….. I put them in a pan with oil paste and bake them 15 minutes ……….
5. After they are cooked, I take them out of the oven and lower the oven to them 130 about degrees……. Meanwhile, with a very sharp knife, cut the sticks into slices very carefully and put them back in the same pan with the oil paste on their sides. …. I bake them again until they are about dry 50 minutes 1 time , depends on your oven……
6. Note. If we want we remove 2 spoons of flour and put 2 spoons of cocoa…….. If we want, we do not put the sesame inside but outside …We wrap our sticks with sesame seeds before they are cooked for the 1st time…… We can also add nuts very finely chopped but not to “prevent” the knife when we cut the slices and they spoiled us… I think they go perfectly with hazelnuts and almonds……….. I also put some chocolate truffle in another time………..
Prepared in 13 April 2011