Delicious traditional sweet with aromatic bergamot. With photos step - step for sure success! From radicio.com.
Preparation time: 40 minutes 1 day waiting | Cooking: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes 1 day waiting
Recipe for: 40 pieces
Nutrition information per 1 piece
Calories: 130 Calories | Fat: 0 g.
bergamot: 10 moderate
Ζάχαρη : 1 kilo
Water: 2 mugs
Lemon: 1 tablespoon, the juice
1. Wash and dry bergamot. Rub the grater slightly fruits, to leave a dark outer layer of the peel.
2. Cut the top and bottom of Pergamon. The cutting quartered lengthwise. Make a small incision between the skin and flesh of the fruit and pull carefully to remove the peel, without a break.
3. Wrap each roll skin and fasten with toothpicks. If you want you can fasten with cotton string.
4. Weigh the peels and note how it is to know how much sugar you use. Put plenty of water into the pot and put it to boil. Add the bergamot and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Drain and allow to cool. Remove the toothpicks.
6. Put in saucepan sugar (if the peel was 1 kilogram, you put a pound, if it was 900 g. will put 900 g. coke) with 2 cups water and put the fire. Stir to melt the sugar and let it boil. Boil for 4 about minutes and add the bergamot. Bergamot let simmer the syrup for 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the fire, cover the pot and let the sweet syrup to stay on 24 hours.
8. The next Return the pan to the fire and cook until the syrup thickens (with thermometer confectionery 106 degrees). Add the lemon juice and turn off the fire.
9. Carefully fill sterilized jars, the close and allow to cool. The store in a dry cool place and after opening in a refrigerator.
Prepared in 29 January 2015 by